Mexico Notes 11/07

Image by Bob Hansen
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM LA PAZ

For the first time in my life I will be without family on Thanksgiving. I am sitting here on the sailboat in La Paz with a warm tropical breeze gently blowing through the boat. It is only a few days before one of my most favorite and dearest holidays…Thanksgiving! It doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving. Guess it’s hard to imagine it with the temperature being in the 90’s while looking at aqua blue water all around me.

I've been thinking about TIME lately and how precious it is. I seem to have plenty of that right now. My sweetheart Janet says “I’m on island time and I have way too much of it”…hee, hee! I know one thing for sure… I have clarity in my rear pocket now. That’s what 1600 miles over the open sea will do for you. You sort of learn about spirituality the natural way. Not by reading, but by feeling the world around you as it seeps into the soul.

I find myself thinking of family and friends and how much they all mean to me. I think about how much I love everyone. How much I care for all of them. I remember all the wonderful and precious Thanksgivings I’ve had. I remember how time would seem to stop and the family would all come together. It’s about embracing all the memories and treasuring the joy we find along the way. It is an amazing journey we call LIFE.

I’m so thankful for having my kids to love. Without love in our lives, we have nothing! To love and be loved is the most cherished thing on earth. I close my eyes and I think of my mom and dad and how much I miss them… even at my age! I think of how much we all should treasure the family, because without it, there is no spiritual security. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame. Not work. I can’t imagine my life without loving people around me who unconditionally watch out for me. I know my brother and sisters still look out for me in their own special sort of way… I’m thankful for that! And last but not least. I’m thankful for Janet coming into my life and sharing her thoughts and love with me. What a great day to be alive!

With all this said… I want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Seas the day,
Bob